Thursday, December 20, 2012

This girl them guys, #3

This Girl and Them Guys
Husband # 3
 
Wow! He was this kitty girl's meow
Chock full of knowledge and easy to talk with.
 
I met him before husband #2 through a mutual friend who said he had helped her with her taxes. We visited his home and just chit-chatting I learned he was a jack of many trades 
I was a single homeowner and the skill of some of those trades were needed.
 
The manner in which he worked put me at ease, slowly, casually our conversations gave way to our personal lives. I found myself mesmerized with the words he spoke and the confidence in which he spoke them. I made him my friend, my confidant and my hearts desire. He made it very clear with his words that he had a girlfriend-slash-woman so since I couldn't be with the one I loved I allowed myself to be flattered by husband #2 and the ties were cut with this handyman.
 
When things fell apart with husband #2, I cried  picked up the phone and called my old friendI wanted to talk this out and hear a man's perspective. He allowed me to pick him up. He counseled me while I drove in circles, giving me the advice to "go home and make your marriage work" but I just couldn't and I admired him all the more for his integrity. I advanced him in my heart and mind dismissing all red flags.
I had long ago released my God given identity of being fearfully and wonderfully made. I spoke it but but my actions were not aligned to this truth. It had been more than 20 years since I began melting in the fantasy of my life and more specifically my life with him.
Prior to our marraige in 2008 I was warned with these words "don't do it" and although at the time my doubts were becoming heavy, in defiance I entered into matrimony.

I read a bubble gum wrapper that said in order for your dreams to come true you must wake up. I was stirred from this long time dream by the reality of our daily living together and had to acknowledge that this union was an injustice to our friendship.

I was so frustrated one morning that I beat him with a wet wash cloth while he stood staring at me. This was far from my character. He was the man that I called friend before husband. This was not the way I wanted to treat anyone, especially someone I deemed friend.

Again I had to be honest and the truth was I could not stay until one of us parted in death.
In less than 3 years I was divorced again

I know that I have learned from each one and am able to laugh at both the good times and insanity I experienced in them.

Any break-up can be heart wrenching but the remedy is to rise and shine from it. Take from it the lessons take are valuable for growth and never surrender with an attitude of defeat.

We overcome



w







 of my life and more specifically the life I shared with him


No comments:

Post a Comment